Making a Submission
We encourage you to become involved in our work by contacting us with your suggestions and comments on policing reform in Ireland.
We are inviting submissions on all topics relevant to our terms of reference.
In order to assist us in carrying out our work within the timeframe set down in our terms of reference we are asking for your suggestions and comments as soon as possible and no later than the 31 January 2018.
All submissions falling within our terms of reference will be considered by the Commission members and will be used solely for the purposes of the Commission carrying out its work.
We cannot accept submissions which are not relevant to our terms of reference and we would therefore encourage you to read these when considering making a submission.
How we will handle submissions
- All submissions received will be published on our website at the conclusion of our work. Submissions will be displayed with a full name (first name, surname)/name of organisation, if appropriate.
- Anonymous submissions will not be published on our website.
- In the case of personal stories and/or sensitive submissions, all personal data and related identifiable details will be removed or redacted if requested.
- In the case of any submissions or comments to be provided in confidence as part of your submission to the Commission you may wish to consider including such material by way of appendix clearly marked as confidential.
- The Commission reserves the right not to accept a submission if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate.
- Submissions made to the Commission may be moderated before publication. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned debate about issues raised.